The 4th release of the Microsoft SharePoint Administration Toolkit is now available for download and includes improvements in the SharePoint Diagnostics Tool (SPDiag), a new Permissions Reporting Tool, a new bulk Quota processing tool, in addition to the Security Configuration Wizard Manifests.
To learn more about improvements about this release see the SharePoint Team Blog.
I figured I’d list some other tools that I think are also useful for diagnostics:
- SharePoint Test Data Population Tool: This is a capacity planning and performance testing tool that populates data for testing SharePoint deployments.
- Governance and Manageability: CodePlex site that provides small sample governance tools that will help in the management and control aspects of WSS 3.0 and SharePoint Server Deployments. One of my favorites is the Site Life Cycle Management Tool.
- Gary LaPointe’s STSADM Extensions: A solution package that extends STSADM with a load of useful commands. Gary’s blog also has PowerShell cmdlets and other automation tools for SharePoint.
- SharePoint 2007 Features: Another CodePlex project that has Features to address deficiencies in SharePoint 2007 or add new capabilities. There are a handful of features that are useful.
- SharePoint Manager 2007: This is a SharePoint object model explorer. It enables you to browse every site on the local farm and view every property. It also enables you to change the properties.
Please comment if you think of other tools that belong on that list.